Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ring in the Happy New Year!

This is a time for a new start with a twist on convoluted resolutions. This Chinese Lunar New Year (the tiger’s time) presents an opportunity for commencing with a new plan, inspired by the ideas of Alyson B. Stanfield, author of “I’d Rather Be in the Studio.” (The title resonates like a bell.) I have many new strategies to implement, and anticipate, with a purring pleasure, many various and varied adventures exploring different aspects of my artist’s career.

The complete plan is an intricate document that required an astonishing amount of time to formulate and formalize. But it took the amount of time needed.

It is a grand plan, even with a little dash of audacity, but I am feeling a strong motivation – now is the time. I am passionate for change. That is why I have adopted my motto for this year: BE BOLD. It was inspired by the passage in that statement that turned out to be attributed to a Scottish climber and not Goethe:

“Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.”

Some contend that sharing such goals dissipates creative energy and muffles motivation, but this is a goal that I want to assure:

This Year for my Art:

I will produce a hundred works of art.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Resource: Alyson B. Stanfield:

“I’d Rather Be in the Studio! The Artist's No-Excuse Guide to Self-Promotion”

http://artbizcoach.com/resources/irbits.html

No comments:

Post a Comment